Buyer Terms And Conditions
Bidder / Buyer Obligations
- Throughout this section, the term "we", "us" or "our" refers to Transition Squad® USA Inc. and Transition Squad® Inc. (Canada) as applicable. The term "you" and "your" refers to the user who is accessing our website and contemplating bidding on one or more items hosted on our website and offered for sale through our online auction platform.
- To bid on our online auctions, you must register on our website and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. By registering with us, you agree to be bound by the most current set of Terms and Conditions as published under the "Buyers" menu.
- By registering, you provide explicit permission to receive email notifications from us advising of upcoming auctions, which may also include other marketing communications. You can opt out of notifications of upcoming auctions by clicking on the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of such emails. This will not prevent you from bidding in future auctions or attending our physical estate sales. However, you cannot unsubscribe from auction specific email notifications advising that you have been outbid or have won items you bid on as well as any instruction emails we send to you related to pickup of such items.
- You agree to provide accurate and complete contact information when registering and keep it updated in the event you move or change such contact information so that we may reach you in cases of bid problems, scheduling changes, shipping notifications and other related information.
- To place a bid in any of our online auctions, you must submit your valid credit card information (VISA or MC Credit Cards, or VISA or MC Debit Cards only) along with your first bid in each auction that you participate in. Your card will be authorized in order to authenticate your identity FOR THAT AUCTION ONLY. Once authorized, you may increase your bids and bid on other items without re-entering your credit card information for that auction.
- For security reasons, we do not store credit card information. To bid on items running in other auctions, you will be required to enter your credit card information again.
- As of Jan. 15, 2018, we will be using a soft close system which means that if any bids are placed within the last two minutes of the bid deadline, the bid deadline will be extended by two minutes for ALL items in that auction. Only when there are no more bids received on any items for two minutes, at or after the original bid deadline, will the auction actually end.
- Bids must be placed by the specified bid deadline. We reserve the right to arbitrate and reassign any winning bid for reasons including but not limited to system malfunction, user error or time zone variances with our hosting provider. Any bids received after the bid deadline, even if a system malfunction allows it, will be disqualified. Bid deadlines will be based on the time local to the client premises. The timer shown on each auction page will be the only measure of when an auction bid deadline is passed.
- We make every effort to test our software thoroughly before launching it for public use, however due to the vast array of hardware, operating systems, browsers and other software resident on devices, software programming does have a potential for compatibility issues and unexpected bugs. You agree to hold us, our franchisees, agents, representatives and partners harmless in such an event, and your understanding is appreciated if something unexpected happens. Please report any problems at your earliest opportunity to our technical support department at (866) 249-5474 x303 or email [email protected]
- You understand that bids cannot be retracted by you once placed and each bid obligates you to complete the purchase if you are the high bidder. If you are the high bidder but your credit card is declined, you are still obligated to pay as your bid is binding, even if you decide to forfeit the item. Failure to pay will result in closure of your account and denial of future bidding privileges.
- If you are notified that you are the winning bidder, you must attend the pickup period during the designated date(s) and time(s) to pick up your item(s). If you are bidding on a Transition Squad® Managed Auction from a client's home, this is the only window available for pickup of winning items. If you believe that you may not be able to attend during the designated date(s) and time(s), then either make arrangements with someone else to pick up on your behalf or do not bid. Shipping providers are shown on auction pages where shipping is possible. If you are bidding on one of our consignment store auctions, and you cannot make it during the pickup period, then either make arrangements with someone else to pick up on your behalf or call the store promptly to make arrangements.
- You agree that if you or someone who is to pick up on your behalf are not able to pick up your items during the designated pickup period, you forfeit your item(s) without a refund. You may authorize someone else to pick up your items on your behalf by:
- Sending an email to the Sale Manager advising the name of the person authorized to pick up on your behalf, and
- Forwarding your receipt to the party who will be picking up for you. They must also provide valid photo id in order for the item to be released, unless they are known to the Sale Manager
- If both of the above actions are not taken, the item will not be released and you risk forfeiting your items without a refund.
- In order for your winning item to be released, you or the person/company picking up for you must bring your receipt or be able to show it on a phone or tablet. You/They must also show a piece of valid photo id (e.g.: driver's license, health card, etc.) unless you are known to the designated Sale Manager. A copy of the id will be taken.
- You understand that all items are being sold "AS-IS, WHERE IS" with no representation of quality, condition, workmanship or regulatory compliance beyond the pickup date, other than the provisions of Buyer Protection listed below.
- We charge a Buyer's Premium (plus sales and/or use tax where applicable) on all online auctions except our Consignment Store online clearance auctions. There is also a $1.50 surcharge if your total net purchase (before tax and Buyer's Premium) is less than $15.
- For online auctions from our Consignment Store, we offer a 7 day exchange policy only, no refunds apply. A voucher will be issued that can be used within the next 6 months. Shipping and/or other transportation charges are not part of this exchange policy. Items must be returned in the same condition as when they were picked up.
- For Consignment Store online auctions, items not picked up during the pickup period without prior arrangements being made will be deemed forfeited without a refund.
- You agree to bring appropriate tools, packing materials and helpers to dismantle and remove the items from any auction premises. Due to insurance requirements, our staff are not allowed to help move large items.
- We highly recommend that you not bring young children with you to the pickup or previews. Doing so will be at your own risk and you agree to hold us, our franchisees, agents, representatives and partners harmless in the event of injury or death.
- You agree to cover the cost of any damage caused to the premises or to other items by you and/or those attending the pickup with you, including children, and/or those assigned or hired by you to conduct the pickup, or if applicable, during an onsite preview. You provide approval to charge such costs to your credit card or, at our discretion, allow you to pay for such costs when presented with appropriate estimates, including all credit card charges and a 15% administration charges.
- Our online auctions and estate sales are meant to be family-friendly events that are designed to be safe and fun for all parties. You agree to conduct yourself in a professional, reasonable manner that does not create or encourage conflict or violate anyone's rights or privacy. This includes but is not limited to carrying on in a disruptive manner, using offensive or disrespectful language of any sort, contacting sellers privately or trespassing on their property for advance viewing or purchase opportunities. Charges may be laid in the event of trespassing and your account will be closed and you will not be allowed to participate in future auctions.
- As these are public competitive auctions, we, our franchisees, agents, representatives and partners are eligible to bid on items.
Buyer Protection (Not Available On Items Being Picked Up By Third Parties Or When There Is A Viewing Period)
- You must make every effort to inspect your purchased item(s) prior to leaving the premises with them.
- In the event that an item is not as described, is damaged without disclosure in the listing either through pictures or wording, is missing parts or if there was any material information not disclosed in the listing description, you have the right to receive a refund.
- In this event, you should notify the Sale Manager of your concerns immediately and not leave the premises with the item and not sign the receipt. The Sale Manager will evaluate the situation and authorize a refund, if appropriate, which will be processed by us within 3-5 business days.
- If you leave with your item(s) and sign the receipt stating they are in good order, there are no refunds unless you can absolutely demonstrate that the listing was misrepresented. You must notify the Sale Manager within 48 hours (two business weekdays) and explain your situation.
- If you and the Sale Manager cannot agree on whether a refund is due, then you may request us to arbitrate. You agree that all of our decisions are final and binding.
- You must bring back the items in question at your expense in the same condition as they left the premises prior to a refund being issued.
- You hold us, our franchisees, agents, representatives and partners harmless in the event that an item is eligible for Buyer Protection under the above terms, or lost, stolen, damaged or withdrawn from the auction prior to pick-up. A full refund will be issued under these circumstances.
- We, our franchisees, agents, representatives and partners reserve the right for any reason to remove an item from an auction prior to the pickup period even if there are bids on it.
- When there is a viewing period, you are given the opportunity to inspect the item prior to bidding. If you choose to bid without such inspection, then you do so at your own risk. There is no Buyer's Protection in this situation, even if the item is misrepresented, damaged or missing parts.
© Transition Squad Inc., March 12, 2017