Transition Squad is a Canadian franchisor that helps people downsize through either a mobile solution where franchisees conduct online auctions from people's homes or a clicks-and-mortar solution where items are taken on consignment, brought to a physical warehouse, grouped with other clients' items and auctioned online. In either case, we use our own online auction platform to conduct the auctions.
The Toronto franchisee of the Auction House is seeking a full time manager to run day to day operations of their Consignment Auction House. This involves the following steps:
- Receive lead from Head Office and review services offered with clients over the phone to make recommendations of which tier of service would be most suitable
- Review client supplied photos or visit the client to assess their items for suitability with our services
- Develop contract and upon approval, conduct site visit to photography large items
- Quote out and, if approved, pack and arrange transportation of items to come back to our warehouse
- Unpack small items at the warehouse, set up lots and photograph
- Upload all photos (taken at their home and warehouse) to our inventory management system
- Create descriptions (copywriting), measurements, condition and set minimum bid prices
- Post items on various classifieds and social media sites to market the auction
- Upon completion, handle post auction inquiries to purchase items and process payment
- Organize the sold and unsold items to facilitate pickup
- Manage the pickup from the warehouse for 3-4 hours on a Saturday or Sunday
- Manage the sold and unsold inventory on our database
- Notify sellers of what has sold and make pickup arrangements for unsold items
- Submit all paperwork to accounting for reconciliation and job costing
- Source items online for purchase to be included in future auctions, this may involve visiting clients and negotiating a price to purchase and arranging transport back to the warehouse.
You will use a part time helper to assist with certain aspects of the job. This is an autonomous position so once fully trained, much of the time can be done from a home based office. You will receive a base salary plus monthly profit sharing based on the frequency and profitability of our auctions.
Requirements to be considered - you must:
- be legally able to work in Canada for a full time position. Those with temporary work visas will not be considered
- be a very organized individual as you will need to do inventory management for several clients' items simultaneously
- be a multi-tasker capable of following a strict (yet flexible) process
- have strong written communication skills for ecommerce content and be able to research items online for descriptions as required
- be ambitious, driven to succeed and self-motivated
- excel at customer service
- be very comfortable using technology such as websites, databases, and social media
- have the flexibility in schedule to be able to conduct pickups on weekends
- be in good physical health as there are many physical aspects to the position such as shifting furniture, packing/unpacking/lifting boxes
- have your own vehicle
- have a reasonable eye for home decor and photography as good imagery increases bid prices.
In your cover letter, please include why this position appeals to you and what makes you the best candidate to be hired.
To apply, download and fill in the application and submit it with your resume and cover letter.
At Transition Squad®, Territory Managers:
- Are entrepreneurial, independent, full time team members responsible for starting, managing and growing exclusive territories
- Do local business development and project execution
- Organize and assist with execution of online auctions, estate sales, clearout and move management jobs
- Network with local realtors, estate lawyers, organizers, and other potential partners
- Work from their home based office
- Participate in profit sharing on each job.
- Meeting with clients at their premises for a private consultation
- Preparing a Transition Action Plan
- Once approved, managing and executing the plan along with casual labour helpers including any or all of the following: organizing, space planning, packing, moving, junk removal and conducting estate sales and online auctions
- Setting up "lots"
- Directing/taking photography
- Uploading photos and descriptions to our website
- Managing the pickup of items by winners and handling any additional cash sales on pickup day
- Tabulating results and submitting to Head Office.
The successful candidate will be a driven, entrepreneurial go-getter, motivated to succeed yet be empathetic and willing to go above and beyond to help our clients.
After initial training, you will manage your territory and client projects from a home based office with regular communications with Head Office. This requires that you are a self-starter, disciplined and capable of working independently.
Your schedule will be flexible and you will set your own hours, however it must coincide with the needs of clients and projects. Only those who have such flexibility should apply.
We are looking for people in all markets EXCEPT Peel Region, Greater Toronto Area, York Region and Durham Region in Canada as we already have people in these markets.