At Transition Squad®, Territory Managers:
- Are entrepreneurial, full time employees responsible for starting, managing and growing exclusive territories
- Do local business development and project execution
- Organize and assist with execution of online estate and fundraising auctions and complementary services
- Network with local realtors, estate lawyers, fundraisers, etc.
- Work from their home based office
- Participate in profit sharing on each job.
- Meeting with estate or fundraising clients at their premises for a private consultation
- Preparing a Transition Action Plan
- Once approved, managing and executing the plan along with casual labour helpers including any or all of the following: organizing, space planning, packing, moving, junk removal and conducting estate sales and online auctions
- Directing/taking photography
- Creating an inventory of items to be sold
- Uploading photos and inventory list to Head Office
- Managing the pickup of items by winners and handling any additional cash sales on pickup day
- Tabulating results and submitting to Head Office.
The successful candidate will be a driven, entrepreneurial go-getter, motivated to succeed yet be empathetic and willing to go above and beyond to help our clients.
After initial training, you will manage your territory and client projects from a home based office with regular communications with Head Office. This requires that you are a self-starter, disciplined and capable of working independently.
Your schedule will be flexible and you will set your own hours, however it must coincide with the needs of clients and projects. Only those who have such flexibility should apply.
We are looking for people in all markets EXCEPT Waterloo Region, Niagara Region, Hamilton/Burlington, Mississauga/Oakville, Greater Toronto Area, and Durham Region in Canada as we already have people in these markets.
All members of our team wear multiple hats. As our business grows, we add people who can take over one or more of those hats so, as a team, we all can focus on our core strengths to grow the business together. We are now looking for a very organized individual to provide administrative and marketing support to our management team. The successful candidate will handle social media postings, e-newsletter marketing, basic bookkeeping and other administrative duties.
You must be very organized, have great attention to detail, be very comfortable with numbers and be able to manage your time effectively across various tasks.
- Download and edit pictures for online auctions
- Job costing and reconciliation of sales from online auctions
- Answer general inquiry emails from prospective clients
- General marketing & promotion of the Company’s services via email blasts and various social media platforms - facebook, Instagram etc
- Bookkeeping – client billing, processing client payments, account receivables and payables, bank reconciliations
- Interest in an Administrative and/or Marketing Assistant career in an office environment, and/or at least 1 year experience as a junior bookkeeper
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping concepts – Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Bank Reconciliations
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite - particularly Excel (including formulas)
- A high level of attention to detail and ability to follow-up in ensuring issues are resolved
- Strong time management skills – being able to prioritize appropriately while carrying out different tasks
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner, both verbally and in writing
Are you a fun, enthusiastic person who loves dealing with people and household decor. Our Consignment Store helps previously loved belongings find love again in a new home.
We currently have an opening in our consignment store for a part time customer service person + photographer. The successful candidate will assist the store manager in various aspects of the store including opening/closing, merchandising, customer service, support, online marketing and photography of consigned items.
We will need you for two days per week, one of them being Saturday, with flexibility to schedule those days based on our needs. We are open Monday to Saturday, closed Sunday. This position could progress into other opportunities within the organization as we are growing.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Positive, enthusiastic personality with strong customer service and persuasive but gentle upsell skills
- Experience in a retail environment including cash handling and selling/upselling skills
- Comfortable with technology (email, web, MS-Office, social media, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively by phone, email and in person
- Punctual, reliable and shows lots of initiative
- Able to work independently once trained in our procedures
- Interest in antiques or vintage items, especially home furnishings, is a plus
- Able to lift 20 lbs.
Transition Squad does online auctions - estate auctions to help seniors and their families downsize and fundraising auctions to help schools, charities, etc. raise money. We also have a consignment store in Toronto. Transition Squad is a Canadian franchisor that is expanding to the US and into other markets in Canada. Our sister company, Automall Network, is a car broker that takes away the burden of the car shopping process and negotiates the best deals on behalf of their customers.
To handle all of these different areas, our accounting department volume is growing and we are in need of a Part Time Junior Bookkeeper for approximately 16 hours per week. As business needs grows between the two companies, there is the possibility of more hours or full time. For now, this can be two straight days or spread out over the week with some of these hours possibly working from home.
Initially, the successful candidate will be responsible for basic bookkeeping and administrative functions and over time, will assume more advanced and diverse responsibilities. You must have core competencies in accounting, analytical thinking and problem solving, be a proficient communicator, both oral and written, and be proficient in MS Office and general computer tools like databases.
QuickBooks experience and a minimum of 1 year of bookkeeping experience is required.
Once trained, you may be able to work from partially from home and only need to come in on an as needed basis. This position is ideal for someone who needs flexibility of hours, doesn't want a full time workload at this point and can spread the work out based on their schedule, so long as deadlines are met. However, we are looking for someone who is eager to grow professionally, wants to take on more duties, hours and responsibilities and participate in growing the business.
We will also entertain someone who has their own small bookkeeping business as a vendor.