- Legally it is called a franchise however philosophically it is a partnership. Most downsizing businesses are mom and pop shops. They start as a labour of love for helping people but in order to really grow to a point where the business generates a decent full time income for the owners, you need infrastructure, resources, staffing, technology, marketing and more. It's really hard when you're the one doing the work as well as the sales as well as the marketing as well as everything else. One month you have no work and so have time to pound the pavement. The next month, you reap the rewards but are too busy working to do more selling so next month, you again have little income. And in many cases, those that love doing the work don't love selling so they don't get as many opportunities as they could.
To create a thriving lucrative business in this sector, one cannot do it alone. It requires a team of people with a variety of skills to work together and keep business flowing. With our partnership philosophy, you focus on local business development, building rapport with clients and project execution while we take care of the rest.
- While we have competitors that typically offer bits and pieces of what we do, we are one of the few companies that has been successful at building a totally turnkey solution in the senior downsizing space. This means that you, as a Franchisee, will have a lot more to offer your clients both in value and services. This helps you close more deals without really selling.
- With a traditional franchise, you pay upfront fees and ongoing royalties. You license the system and get some support, but building the business is really up to you. With Transition Squad's partnership philosophy, we are in it together to build your territory. We provide you with much of the back office services like building custom web pages for each sale, vendor procurement, credit card processing, and much more, so you can focus on meeting with customers and executing the work. While you still have to network and promote your business, we are also heavily involved with the marketing and lead generation.
- We believe that a Franchisee-Franchisor relationship is like a marriage. You don't want to get into it only to find that you are incompatible with each other after the honeymoon is over. This is why we believe in the "try before you buy" approach. Initially, you purchase an extensive training program which shows you how we do things and how we built our business. After successfully completing the program, if we both decide we are a good fit for each other, you may purchase a franchise with an exclusive territory surrounding where you live. Once the territory is spoken for, we no longer train people in your territory.
- We want our Franchisees to make money, lots of it, and to grow their business as big as they can. So we are committed to having only one Franchisee in each territory and leaving adjacent territories open initially. We don't want to saturate the market or it will dilute the revenue potential, especially as you are building your territory. Only if there is too much volume and the existing Franchisee cannot take on more, will we add another Franchisee in an adjacent territory.
- Franchisees can operate from a home based office to give them flexibility and independence, plus tax benefits and extremely low overhead costs. In addition, most expenses are variable costs so you can build your business as projects come in.
To make any business successful, it takes hard work. We're looking for enterprising hard workers to be our partners in their local market. We want people that want to run their own show, build and grow a real business and be pillars of local society.
Seniors and their families will be entrusting you with their own personal effects, many of which will have sentimental value. They may call Transition Squad because they see a benefit in our value proposition, but they will sign up because they trust, like and build a connection with YOU and believe that you will treat their precious items with the same care and attention as if they were yours. Therefore, it is very important that you are genuinely and sincerely interested in wanting to help the client.
This role also requires an organized, resourceful, project management type of person with excellent attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple clients at the same time and excellent written and oral communication skills. You must be flexible with your time to meet client needs. For example, while you will set your own hours, on site physical estate sales will start very early Saturday mornings, and viewing and pickup periods may be held in the evenings or Sundays.
While you don't need to be a "tech geek" to run a Transition Squad franchise, you should be comfortable with computers and basic programs like Excel, Word, databases and browsers on a Windows platform.
We are currently looking for Territory Managers/Franchisees throughout Ontario except the Greater Toronto Area, Oakville/Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton/Burlington and Durham Region. We already have Territory Managers for these regions.
|Training Program||$5,000 - $10,000||Intensive training at Head Office plus training at your location during your first project by Head Office trainers.|
|Franchise Fees||$25,000||Financing options are available.|
|Startup Kit||Up to $5,000||Tools of the trade including signs, shirts, supplies, folding tables, clothing racks, computer and other necessities.|
|Startup Marketing||$2,500||Head Office will match costs for initial launch in your area to provide up to $5,000 startup marketing.|
|Working Capital||$____||You need to have enough working capital to carry you throughout training and until you start generating business.|
|Setup Costs||$____||Like any business, you will have costs to set up the business entity, insurance, legal and accounting fees, home office setup costs, etc.|
You must have enough working capital to carry you financially through the training period and typically up to three to six months thereafter until you start generating business. Transition Squad is a very low overhead business with mostly variable operating costs so your initial working capital requirements need not be that high.
Like any business, franchise or not, the major expenses you incur will be the startup costs. These can be funded from your personal savings, loans from your bank, or there may be government incentives in your area. Transition Squad can help you with financing your franchise fees.
Start by purchasing the Training Program which will provide hands on training on how to operating a senior downsizing business doing estate sales and online auctions. If either of us feel that this is not the right fit for you, then you do not need to purchase the franchise or incur additional expenses. Likewise, if you feel that you don't want to get involved in a Transition Squad franchise, then you will have received enough training to start an independent business. However, if you would like to continue, you can then pay for the Franchise Fees, Setup Costs and Startup Kit. We can then work with you to develop the Startup Marketing to start making you money in your new business.
Since you will be setting your own schedule, it may also be possible to do this business part-time initially so you have other income coming in while you build your business.
- Phone meeting to start to get to know each other
- Submit an application if we both feel there is a good fit
- More phone/skype meetings to ensure this is right for you
- Speak to existing Territory Managers
- Try before you buy - Training
- Fill out all legal documents
- Assemble Kit and Startup Marketing
- Run Your Own Show
If this type of business resonates with you, please forward your contact information to [email protected] and we will contact you to answer your questions and get you started on your path to success with senior downsizing.